Your best bra is going to lift and support you all day in total comfort. If that sounds like the stuff of fantasy, take heart—you’re in good hands at Bare Necessities. With over 20 years of experience, we make it easy here to find all three in the same pretty package.
How do we pull off such alchemy? Start your search for a bra that fits like a dream with our exclusive Expert Bra Finder, a quiz to help you find your perfect fit based on your unique body type; our Bra Size Calculator, which teaches you how to measure for your bra size and plug your measurements into our calculator; or our Shop by Bra Size experience, which allows you to shop our entire site based on your size. Lastly, look for Fit Notes on some of our best sellers to help you choose the right size. We’ll even do you one better: Give us a call or chat online, and let our in-house team of Bra Fit Experts do the work for you.
With the world’s most inclusive selection of bra sizes, brands and styles, you’re already on your way to finding the most comfortable bra support you’ve ever known.
Choosing the Best Type of Bra for You
Finding the best-fitting bra in the world doesn’t count for much if you don’t like the way it looks or it doesn’t make sense in your life. Once you’ve got your current bra size and go-to brands sorted, focus on the styles that work wonders on your body.
How much coverage do you prefer your cups give? For everyday effortlessness with a side of support, look to full-cup or T-shirt bras. A demi-cup bra (a.k.a. a balcony or balconette bra) covers a little less. A push-up bra, plunge bra or sexy cage bra shows the most skin.
Many of the most versatile bra styles—a racerback bra, convertible bra, T-back bra, strapless bra or bandeau—dispense with or change up the straps to make getting dressed a snap. Others solve common concerns, like an easy-wearing front-closure bra, or a lined or padded bra for a measure of modesty.
Not really in the mood for much of anything? Think bralettes and wire-free lounge bras. On the other end of the spectrum are sports bras and structured bras with boning, like a bustier or corset.
There are full-busted bras designed specifically for DD+ cup sizes, full-figure plus size bras, side-support bras to bring you in and up, and minimizer bras that make you look less busty. Nursing and maternity bras step up when functionality and fit matter arguably more than ever.
This isn’t even the half of it. If you need it, it probably exists—and we can help you find it. Looking for the best bras for small breasts? How about the best bras for senior women? Or check out our guide to every Type of Bra we offer, or chat with the Bra Fit Experts and get one-on-one help with bra sizing, recommendations and tips on our best bras and styles.
Your Guide to Bra Styles & Features
It’s useful to be able to speak bra, a fashion staple that figures into your every day. Need-to-know components come down to: the band, the cups, the straps and the center gore (the piece of fabric that connects the cups). Anything beyond that comes down to personal preference.
- Underwire vs. Wire-Free: Some bras have U-shaped wires embedded below the cups for extra lift and support but these days, design advances in wire-free bra styles come pretty close—even for fuller cup sizes.
- Unlined vs. Padded: For an au natural feel, turn to multipart seamed or seamless mesh bras. If you prefer a little more coverage for modesty or fullness, you’ll want lightly lined or padded cups.
- Front-close vs. Back-close: Choose a front-close style for the easiest possible on and off; consider a bra that fastens in back for added adjustability over time.
- Back-smoothing vs. Backless: Is the way your back looks at the front of your mind when bra shopping? Then you’ll want to home in on a back-smoother with a wide, shaping band, or a backless bra (no band, no bumps or lumps, no problem).
- Straps: A bra's straps (which actually shouldn’t be doing much heavy lifting compared to the band) can be fixed in place, removable (voilà, instant strapless bra!) or convertible to turn them into, say, a racerback.
- Fabrics: Like other garments that are expected to really perform, keep an eye out for fabrics that offer a little something extra, such as moisture-wicking cotton or stretch lace that conforms to your figure, even if your breasts aren’t exactly the same size.
Best Bra Brands
Because there are countless bra brands out there, it can be overwhelming to know which are right for you personally. Start with our curated assortment of over 80 of the world’s most well-known bra brands in an unsurpassed size range: bands 28 to 56 and cups AA to O. Then, focus in on those that consistently deliver the kind of fit you’re looking for, be it plus-size bras, DD+ bras, comfortable bras, shaping bras or something else altogether. You can also begin your search by browsing some of the best-selling, most trusted brands out there, like Wacoal, Chantelle, Bali, Calvin Klein, Panache and Natori. Not only does Bare Necessities carry the right bras, we do it at the right prices. Throughout the year, keep an eye out for your favorite bras on sale for the ultimate score.
The occasional outfit can ask a lot of your lingerie, but no fashion challenge is too extra for Bare Necessities' selection of bra accessories.
In our expert edit, find every last brilliant solution you might need to achieve a flawless silhouette.
Wardrobe secret weapons like adhesive bras, bra hook extenders and breast petals or nipple covers let you head out in confidence, comfort and red carpet-worthy style. Mix or match with a figure-flattering pair of panties, and you’re good to go.