The Best Women's Panties & Underwear
Behind every great woman is a great pair of panties. Petite, average and plus size bottoms can all find the best women's underwear in one place: right here at Bare Necessities.
Picking undies is a lot like choosing the right shoes before leaving home—you want something that sets you up for success throughout the day. Don’t be afraid to kick things up beyond cotton; if confidence comes from within, cute panties have an uncanny knack for putting you in the right mindset for whatever’s coming your way.
Styles of Panties
Since the panty possibilities are practically endless, it helps to home in on the most essential types of underwear for most scenarios. The most common women’s underwear styles are:
- The Thong: For the most barely-there underwear, be it alluringly lacy or high-performance microfiber for the gym, turn to thongs, tangas and G-strings. Thongs vanish under clothes and, for a lot of women, feel as good as nothing at all.
- The Cheeky Panty: A bit of a catchall label, these types of panties include any silhouette that bisects your cheeks for a less-is-more look. Like a skimpy swim bottom, cheeky panties really flatter your peach, which you or someone else might appreciate.
- The Brief: A basic panty silhouette, briefs are generally high-waisted (they definitely have a higher waistline than bikinis or hipsters) and generously cut around back. They can have a low, moderate or high leg opening.
- The Boy Short: Like boxer-briefs, but for you! Boy shorts extend below the cheeks, with a straight-across cut that’s as cute as it is comfy. You might like them so much that you wear them around the house or to bed.
- The Bikini: Along with briefs, bikinis probably make up a lot of your day-to-day underwear wardrobe. With moderate coverage and an allover smaller profile than the brief, bikinis find the middle ground on coverage and comfort.
- The Hipster: These low-slung hiphuggers sit down on the hipbones for a curve-loving look at any size. Full-coverage in the back helps ensure they don’t shift or ride up, making them a smart choice for mid- or low-rise pants.
Panty Materials You'll Love
The best underwear material comes down to the ones you most want to wear. It’s nice to have a few different fabrics to choose from so you can turn up the heat or slip into supreme comfort as needed.
Your best bet is to give yourself options in the form of fun fabrics, colors and specialty styles. Think neutral solids that effortlessly match everything in your closet, bold graphic prints and eye-opening styles of sexy panties. To look sleek and svelte without going for full-on shapewear, consider shaping panties that lightly smooth a tummy and enhance your tush.
Expect to find:
- Cotton: For natural breathability and comfort, cotton underwear continues its long reign.
- Lace: About as elegant as it gets, lace panties up the ante. Stretch lace is super comfy.
- Silk and Satin: The slippery feel and special sheen of satin and silk panties is, frankly, unmatched.
- Spandex: Look for stretchy Spandex in panties for assurance that they’ll move in step with you.
- Modal: Created as a silk alternative, modal is soft, light, airy and long-lasting—perfect for panties.
Choosing the Best Women's Underwear
Choosing the best panties depends on your purpose whether it be extremely comfortable 100% cotton panties or a new style of sexy panties. The best underwear for women comes down to what feels good. You can find the most comfortable women’s underwear in any coverage level you like.
Here at Bare Necessities, we like to say that when thinking about all the different types of women’s underwear, picking out a pair of panties is like choosing a pair of shoes: there's something for every occasion. A well-rounded underwear drawer should span from minimal-coverage thongs and G-strings and moderate-coverage hipsters, briefs and boy shorts to full-coverage women’s panties for those times of the month when feeling at ease beats looking dressed-up. Then, once you find your favorites, underwear multi-packs make stocking up easy and affordable.
Want to look sleek and slim without bulky layers? Try shaping panties, the latest must-have wardrobe staple. Tummy-slimming and rear-lifting styles from women’s underwear brands like SPANX, Flexees, Body Wrap, Vanity Fair and Olga provide confident control in the form of lightweight everyday women’s underwear.
Our Favorite Underwear Brands
Some of our favorite ladies underwear brands have been at this for absolute decades, which is how they’ve pretty much perfected the art of panties. You really can’t go wrong choosing from the most trusted women’s underwear makers like Jockey, Calvin Klein, Wacoal and Natori for most days of your week, Hanky Panky and Chantelle for something special, and Vanity Fair, Bali, Olga and Maidenform for stocking up.
Best-Selling Women's Panties
At Bare Necessities, with the most expansive assortment of brands, sizes and styles you could want at the same time, finding the best women’s underwear is a snap—but we’ll go one further. Here are some of our very best panties, according to shoppers like you: