We like to think of tankinis as the MVP of swim season, or the most popular kid in class: Everyone loves these crowd-pleasing two-pieces. They’re the rare style that works effortlessly for every age, every figure, every activity level, every style preference and every budget.
Tankinis are a smart, stylish alternative to your traditional extremes: a bikini or a one-piece. They’re modest without being overly so, they’re really easy to wear, and they’re practically customizable. Tankinis come in endless colors, prints and sizes, too.
They’re especially great for those of us who:
- aren’t quite the same size on top and bottom
- prefer mixing and matching
- want to affordably extend a swimwear wardrobe
- spend equal amounts of time in and out of the water
- like to be able to cover up a little in the sun (or show some skin for short lengths of time)
- have to accommodate a longer torso
Need expert advice to find your perfect tankini? Check out our Guide to the Best Tankinis: Everything You Need to Know.